Monday, October 22, 2012

I'm Going to a Conference!

I'm going to this conference - the 20th Annual BSR (Business for Social Responsibility) Conference for sharing opportunities and challenges related to designing and implementing responsible business strategies.  Here's one of those fancy promo videos:



I have a full schedule Tuesday through Friday and will share my thoughts here on the blog as well as on twitter (@CSRBella). BSR can be found on twitter @BSRNews and conference hashtag #BSR12.

Tuesday

Tuesday workshops are considered "pre-conference training" sessions. I expect they will be interactive, reducing my live-tweeting ability. The morning session I will attend is "Human Rights Due Diligence: Implementing the United Nations Guiding Principles." I look forward to the focus on implementation and integration of the guiding principles within systems and operations using interactive exercises, real-world examples, and a step-by-step approach. Should be interesting!

Tuesday afternoon, I will attend "Innovative Stakeholder Engagement" which will present methods to engage the wide range of corporate stakeholders (e.g., employees, investors, NGOs, public officials, communities, issue advocates, campaign groups) through case studies.  Since stakeholder needs are rarely complementary, I look forward to insight regarding prioritizing needs so to develop proactive and effective business strategies.

That is the plan for Tuesday. If you have questions, feel free to tweet me at @CSRBella (or DM them if you are more comfortable).

No comments:

Post a Comment